The hula belt seems to be on the rise & as usual it's Kylie Jenner who's one of the first to flaunt it! I can't decide whether i love it or hate it, but no doubt i will be sporting one pretty soon! It's a way to close in your waist whilst accessorizing your outfit in a major way.
AW15 is truly upon us, severe snow has been cast to bless us with a white Christmas! So here i bring you 5 staple pieces to stack in your wardrobe to get you through!
1. EMBELLISHMENT- This has been solidified by the hugely anticipated Balmain X H&M collection but if you are not lucky enough to snatch up a piece, look to the above photo for inspo! Golds, silvers, bronze & the royal jewels! Anything goes this season. Christmas is an excuse for a little OTT, so take it & run with it. River Island has some fab Balmain alternatives...http://goo.gl/dSUGzB
2. JUMPERS -This may seem obvious, but a good jumper is majorly over looked, the best jumper will suit a skirt or jean. Make sure you experiment with colour, always have the obvious black/neutral but winter is the time to keep some colour going! I could never pull off a yellow pullover for example, but some dark haired, olive girls will look amaze! I'm going to try pink this year!
3. LONGLINES - The downside to winter is that the amazing outfit that you spent hours thinking about, sat on your bed with your hair in a turbytowel, gets covered up by your coat! So make sure you carry your outfit all the way through to your outer wear! These are some of my favourite picks from Missguided. They're great to dress up or down & can even make you appear a little taller.
4. LBD - As of every year you need to invest in a good LBD, this season brings something a little different with texture, gothics & layering creating some LBD styles we haven't seen before. See my no'1 pick > http://goo.gl/PDoKhx
5. CHOKER - We saw them creeping in last year but now they are here with a bang and they're definitely making a statement! They are truly beautiful & such a fabulous accessory, try not to over do it though, don't add overly large earrings & bracelets or you'll risk looking like a thief from Aladdins cave! Shop my pick here > http://goo.gl/9jT7nz
So i am in love with this back cutout lace top from River Island, it reminds me of something Balmain might produce. It's so edgy & just a lil bit sexy if you don't mind me saying! Due to my obsession, i just had to make a style board complete with River Island head to toe! I feel they have reached a new level with their AW15 collection, so i was super excited. You can wear this on a night out with the girls or on a date! And If you are enjoying a sophisticated Halloween next week you could even wear this outfit and bring out your dark side. Which is basically me, all the time... If i could, i would just wear black with the occasional neutral thrown in, like the saying goes 'i'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker colour!'
You must tuck the top into the skirt please i beg that you do that other wise it will do nada for that waist! The shoes are the key to this outfit, if this type of heel doesn't suit you, try a black pointed court heel. If you're below 5 ft 5/4 try not to go for any heel styles that cover the ankles because due to the style of skirt, this will make your legs look shorter than they are!
Complete your outfit with a lipstick of your choice & off you go to paint the town black.
Shop this outfit here at this link: https://goo.gl/0juSdg